Monday, March 16, 2009

St. George Getaway

Last weekend Dave and I went to St. George. We left the kids home with the grandparents. It was so nice to get away and have some time to ourselves. We missed the kids like crazy, but it was a nice little break. Thursday when we got there we went grocery shopping and watched The Office. Friday we slept in, got massages, went shopping, went to the Olive Garden for dinner (my favorite), went swimming, and watched a movie. Saturday we slept in again. We met our friends Stephanie and Lars who now live in California and spent the day with them. Dave and Lars went golfing, and Stephanie and I went shopping. After that we all met up and ate at Village Inn. Then we went hiking, and watched The Dark Knight. Sunday we woke up, cleaned the house, and headed home. That weekend was so nice and relaxing and went by way too fast, but it is so nice to be home again because I missed my girls so much. Mom, Dad, and Linda thanks so much for taking the girls so we could get away for some much needed rest and relaxation.

11 comments:

Silvia said...

I could only dream of such a luxury. One day when I'm 50 I'll achieve it! I have hope!

Meg Cook said...

I'm glad you got to get away and have some relaxing time, and that you had fun! Even though I bet it was hard to leave your sweet angels, you deserve some alone time every now and then. Hope all is well and I will see you Wednesday! PS I hope you had a good birthday, too!

Stephanie said...

It is so nice to get away, good for you!

dave&abby johnson family said...

I am sooo glad you guys were able to go relax, and celebrate your BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Glad you guys had a swell time!

Saberon Family said...

That sounds so nice! I miss getting away with my hubby! We haven't been anywhere alone without kids since our honeymoon! Crazy! Good for you guys :)

6deans said...

Ahhhh Getaways with the hubby are the best...How lucky you were able to go away and have your little girls taken care of by family that loves them :)

Suzy said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!

barlow.stephanie said...

We had a great time with you and cannot wait until September. Love ya!

Jer + Lu said...

Sounds like a perfect getaway! Good for you :)

Marianne and Matt said...

Sooooo JELOUS!! I am so happy for you guys that you were able to get away. It sounds like you had so much fun!

Glass House said...

Hi Andrea!! How have you been since the fun trip?